skip navigation

Coaching and Official Certification

08/22/2014, 3:30pm CDT
By admin

Learn how to get certification to coach or officiate

Coaching Clinic Info:  Hockey MB Coaching Clinics
Officials Clinics Info:  Hockey MB Officials Clinics

The Pas Minor Hockey Association is happy to have those that volunteer their time towards making the season fun, fulfilling, and enjoyable.  If you're interested in coaching or being an official, here is some important information:

The first step is to determine what level of training you'll need for the level of coaching you're interested in.  You can check that here.

All coaches must complete the Hockey University course, and the Respect in Sport course.  Both of these are done online.  The Hockey University course will be available through the Hockey Canada website

The Respect in Sport course is available through the Sport Manitoba website.   After you have completed these, you attend an in-person clinic to be qualified.  When you sign up through the Hockey Canada website, you will have to search clinics for The Pas (after you have completed your online courses).  The deadline to be qualified for each season is December 1 of the respective year.

You will also be required to do a criminal record check at the local RCMP.  You can print off a signed form from Executive and drop it off at the detachment with the completed necessary CRC Forms

Please note:  You need to sign the documents at the detachment in person, and bring 2 pieces of valid ID.  After 7 days, you can pick up the form and return it to Chris Richardson.

If anyone has any questions regarding referee courses, coaching clinics, or criminal record checks please contact President, Chris Richardson.
(204) 620-6271


Rep Team Coaching Application Form

Please see the link below for coaching application form.  

Once completed, please email to TPMHA Executive.


Tag(s): News